The really cool thing about this MS nonsense is that I am doing and trying things the old me would never have tried. One of those new things is expanding my limited palate. I have discovered foods that I would otherwise not eat. I thought I always hated green beans or peas or sweet potatoes or avocado. Green beans, peas (pod and all) and sweet potatoes are some of my favorites now. Avocado, dear Avocado I really tried to love you, I did, but I can’t. I don’t know if it is a texture thing or a taste thing but to me, well, I’d rather eat paste. My sweet potato love is fairly new, like tonight new. The last time I went grocery shopping I bought a sweet potato because I was going to at least try it as an adult. It sat in the pantry until today. While my husband’s steak and potatoes were cooking I decided to get creative. I have a pretty awesome banana pancake recipe I discovered on Pinterest so I took that idea with the sweet potato idea and ta da!
The recipe is as follows:
1 large sweet potato
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. Wash your sweet potato and then toss it in the microwave for 5-7 minutes
2. When it is done, peel it and cut off the ends (be careful, it’s HOT!)
3. Mash your sweet potato up with a potato masher until it is creamy
4. Mix in your 4 eggs (one at a time or all at a time, doesn’t matter much)
5. Add the vanilla and a couple of shakes of cinnamon
6. The rest of the instructions are pretty standard pancake making instructions, spoon or pour a 1/4 cup of batter, and flip when the tops start to bubble
I took the ideas from these recipes: The Cookie Jar Flourless Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe and Sunday Morning Pancakes from the Paleo Princess to make the above recipe. The bonus with adding the cinnamon and vanilla? Your house smells divine!
I can’t wait for breakfast tomorrow! Good night!